Here’s five things that I want in 2008. Not the five things I want most, just five random things that I want (outside of the obvious health and happiness for myself and everyone around me).
1. A car. I’m going to buy my first car this year. I’m looking at buying a used (3-4 years old max) Toyota.
2. A cell phone. After I get a car, I’m also planning on getting a cell phone, for obvious reasons.
3. More money. To pay for above two, as well as other things, I should start making more money. I need to consider how my network makes money and make adjustments to try to maximize that.
4. Flash for 64 bit browsers. I now run a 64 bit operating system (Vista Ultimate) and a 64 bit browser (IE7), but Adobe has not made a Flash plugin for 64 bit browsers, yet. The 32 bit version of IE7 doesn’t work well for me. It’s not a major annoyance for me to switch to it when I have to view something in Flash, but I’d rather it be seamless. So, hopefully Adobe does this in 2008.
5. To feel more on top of things. When you run your own business, it can be easy to feel like you’re never on top of things and I’m no exception. For a lot of 2007, it felt like I was running to get back on top of things, rather than being on top and staying there. I don’t want to feel that way.