Sprint Mobile Broadband

I am thinking of getting this. I don’t know if I’d say it’s likely, but I am thinking about it, for when I travel or I’m on the go. It’d be a considerable investment ($59.99 a month for 2 years or $79.99 a month for 1 year), but the hope would be that I would then be able to forego hotel internet services that range from $9.99 to $19.99 a night, usually. They seem to have a very good coverage area. Anyone used them or have alternate recommendations? Thanks.

Patrick O'Keefe

Managing online communities since 2000, I publish a collective of websites known as the iFroggy Network. I wrote the book Managing Online Forums and, as a public speaker, have presented for organizations like CNN, institutions like Australian National University and conferences like SXSW. More about me.

6 Comments

Triumviate

about 13 years ago

I've heard mixed reviews from people about it. Some people say it is fine and other people hate it. I will say, no one I know who has it has said anything particularly good about it, though not everyone has said something bad.

Patrick

about 13 years ago

Thanks for that. I'm looking at Verizon, as well, more so even because they allow you to suspend the plan. Although it still costs a lot.

Josh

about 13 years ago

I have Verizon. The speed certainly isn't broadband however it's decent for checking mail and doing quick tasks while on the road.

Patrick

about 13 years ago

Thanks for the comment. Were you within the EVDO/high speed area?

James Dasher

about 13 years ago

The company I work for uses Verizon if you are in the high-speed area it's great...I've found the connection works well...the EVDO/high speed area is expanding pretty quickly as well it seems. The signal is also available in a lot of places EVDO or not. Don't have experience with Sprint.

Patrick

about 13 years ago

Thanks for that, James.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. If you would like to comment, I welcome you to do so. Please keep in mind that the atmosphere here is kind, respectful and work appropriate. If you can't disagree without being polite, this probably isn't the best place to comment.

I'm probably more strict as far as advertising goes than other sites you've commented on. If you aren't sure if something is OK, please contact me privately (rather than in the comments) or read the full Comment Guidelines. Participation constitutes acceptance of the guidelines.

This site uses Antispam to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.