I wanted to post an update to the entry I posted on Thursday regarding admedia365.com and how their ads had been cropping up all over the place for me.
Duane Gordon left a comment on my post yesterday, telling me that it my system had actually been infected with spyware that was forcing these ads to be displayed – and that it didn’t have anything to do with the actual websites themselves. This made sense as it would seem odd (though, not implausible) for those ads to just slip into all these sites. So, I ran the free version of Lavasoft Ad-Aware last night and I haven’t seen the ads since. That must have been it. I’ve noticed that some people are finding this site by searching for admedia365.com or admedia365. I’m guessing this means a fair few people have been infected. Hopefully this post will help them to realize this and get it cleared up.
This also had the side benefit of fixing my issues with ieSpell. Whatever happened to my computer, it would seem to have been caused by some sort of junk that found it’s way onto my computer. Glad to have ieSpell functioning correctly again.
Thanks to Mr. Gordon for pointing this out to me.