November 22, 2006
Man, my to do list is crazy right now. I’m swamped. But, with Thanksgiving being tomorrow, I wanted to take a moment and talk about what I’m thankful for, both personally and professionally. Let’s go with 5 of each and not all of them can be super serious stuff. Just to make it interesting. :)
1. My family. Yeah, I know. It’s probably a given. But, it has to be said, anyway. I’m thankful for my family and the fun that I have with them and the support that I receive from them.
2. My friends. I’m thankful for my friends, just for being them. People I joke around with, have fun with. Also, people who are there for me when I need them and help me when I need help. I try to do the same and try to be a good friend, myself. Hopefully, I do alright. People like Brandon, Brandon, Bryan, Chris, Jared, Josh, Stephan, Jeremy, Tom, Seamus and others (and there are others – please don’t take it personally).
3. Members of the armed services. I’m thankful for those who choose to lay their lives on the line for the sake of protecting the freedom of the citizens of the United States.
4. The creators of funny content online. There are a lot of them. But, I’m thankful for people who give me a little break from work to have a laugh.
Barats and Berata, Homestar Runner and Ze Frank are a few that come to mind.
5. The DSL repair guy that came last week. Where have you been all my life? Finally, the internet connection is working normally!
1. My volunteer staff. I’m thankful for all of the staff members at my sites. Kind, dedicated, helpful people who not only help me to reach the goals that I set forth for my sites, but are also people that I consider friends. Seamus, Greg, Heidi, Aubrey, Shawn, Brian, Kerry, Kevin, David, James, Jason, Wayne, Jeremy, Richard, Josh, Tanner, Ramona, Keith and Ryan. Thank you all.
2. The truly loyal users and members of my sites. I’m always grateful for the people who come to my sites with good intentions and care about what is going on. People who kindly contribute and help others. It’s one of the things I enjoy about what I do.
3. Business freedom. I love living in a country and a time where starting a business is as easy as registering a domain name and paying for hosting. (Well, OK, it’s not THAT easy!) I love being free to run my business as I see fit (within the understandable limits of the law, of course). If you have an idea, you can do it. More now than ever before.
4. Text Link Ads, Inc. Yes, I am thankful for Google AdSense and Tribal Fusion, as well. Big time. Those 3 companies are my favorite. But, TLA is the newcomer of the block and has really made a big impact, so I really feel like highlighting them. I am thankful… for their existence, more or less. They do their job and they do it well and it’s appreciated.
5. Censor Block. Greatest. Hack. Ever. I heart Jeremy. I heart him very much.
I encourage anyone who likes the idea of this post to post what they are thankful for on their blog. Even if you aren’t in the U.S. or don’t celebrate Thanksgiving. It’s an interesting thing to consider. Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.